There are hundreds of great online video poker sites , but how do you choose one that is safe and fair? Here at Hurolinan, we've gathered all the safe, legit places to play video poker online. When you find a site from our lists, you know it can be trusted. Stay on this page and discover the best video poker casinos, offering tons of games, fast and hassle-free payouts, and the latest and most generous bonus offers.
Best Video Poker Online Casinos2023
|TOP Bitstarz casino 5/5||
||Get $10,000 or 5BTC + 180 Free Spins||Play now|
|TOP Ricky Casino 5/5||
||Welcome Bonus €1200 + 120 Free Spins||Play now|
|TOP Lucky Dreams Casino 5/5||
||Up to $4,000 Welcome Offer + 300 Free Spins||Play now|
|TOP Casinonic Casino 5/5||
||GET UP TO AUD 5000 BONUS||Play now|
|1. SpaceWin Casino 4.8/5||
||600% up to AUD1,000 + 100 Spins||Play now|
|2. BonusBet Casino 5/5||
||150% up to AUD200||Play now|
|3. Wizebets Casino 5/5||
||100% up to AUD1,000 + 100 Spins||Play now|
|4. BetsAmigo 4.9/5||
||150% up to AUD150||Play now|
|5. Unislots Casino 5/5||
||AUD700 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|6. Moi Casino 5/5||
||200% up to AUD200 + 10% Cashback||Play now|
|7. PlayBoom Casino 5/5||
||100% up to AUD500 + 250 Spins||Play now|
|8. Qbet Casino 5/5||
||AUD100 + 5% Cash Back + 100 Spins||Play now|
|9. Casiwave Casino 4.8/5||
||800% up to AUD7500 + 800 Spins||Play now|
|10. Justbit Casino 4.7/5||
||100% up to AUD300 + 40% Cashback + 30 Spins||Play now|
|11.Pino Casino 4.8/5||
||AUD500 Bonus + 20% Cashback + 150 Spins||Play now|
|12. One Step Casino 5/5||
||150% up to AUD200 + 20 Spins||Play now|
|13. Time2spin Casino 4.4/5||
||200% up to AUD1000 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|14. Gxmble Casino 4.8/5||
|15. Betstro Casino 4.9/5||
||100% up to AUD200||Play now|
|16. iWinFortune Casino 4.5/5||
||300% up to AUD2,000 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|17. Lucky Wins Casino 4.6/5||
||AUD6000 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|18.Cazino Stars 4.8/5||
||Up to AUD1200 + 150 Spins||Play now|
|19. Rouge Casino 4.6/5||
||400% up to AUD2,000 + 130 Spins||Play now|
|20. Players Club VIP 4.8/5||
||222% up to AUD1,000||Play now|
|21.FGFox Casino 4.9/5||
||100% up to AUD1000 + 100 Spins||Play now|
|22. Bruce Pokies 4.9/5||
||Up to AUD2,000||Play now|
|23.Bruno Casino 5/5||
||AUD300 + 250 Spins||Play now|
|24.West Casino 4.7/5||
||AUD600 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|25. WallaceBet 4.7/5||
||150% up to AUD150||Play now|
|26. Casino Intense 4.5/5||
||AUD888 Bonus||Play now|
|27. Playzax Casino 4.8/5||
||100% up to AUD250||Play now|
How do you play video poker?
Online video poker is easy to play for beginners. After choosing the game you want to try, you will be asked to choose a coin size and the number of coins, this will determine how much you bet one time after another. You will then be presented with five cards and have the option to trade at least one in the hope of drawing a better card. The game is then paid out if your hand matches one of the winning combinations from the paytable.
It is therefore important that you take a look at the paytables before you start playing. In the standard video poker game, a paytable might start with a pair of jacks, while others have a three of a kind, a straight, a flush, a full house, four of a kind, and other classic winning hands.
Certain varieties of online video poker contain wild cards, which can be substituted for other cards to create winning hands. For example, in the game of Deuces Wild, every 2 cards are wild and so another losing suit of cards can instead turn into a victorious combination.
Video poker has one of the highest return to player percentages of any online casino game. You can easily start playing for real money today by following these simple steps:
- View the available video poker sites in the list. All the sites listed on this page are tried and trusted places to play online video poker for real money. Scroll through the list and choose a site, then create an account by entering some personal information. Look out for operators with special video poker bonus offers.
- Navigate to the games. Search for video poker on the casino homepage or use the menu to navigate to the appropriate section.
- Mind the rules. Use the info button within the video poker game to read through the rules. In many cases, video poker sites allow you to practice for free in demo mode.
- Place a bet. Decide how many coins you want to bet, then place your bet. After this, you press the deal button to receive five cards. Discard as many as you like, and they will be replaced with fresh cards from the deck. If this hand has winning combinations, you will be paid out according to the details in the paytable.
Video poker types and variants
There are many different variations of the basic game of video poker, just like poker. This means there is definitely more than one style to suit you, and if you get tired of playing one there are always more to choose from. The great game variety is one of the aspects of video poker that makes it so fun and popular.
Here are the most common video poker types:
Jacks or Better
Probably the best known version of video poker, so called because a pair of jacks is the minimum hand that wins.
Playing cards with a value of two are called deuces, so in this version of the game a two of any kind is wild. This means that twos can substitute for any other card to make a better hand.
Based on Jacks or Better, players receive a bonus if they have four aces.
AKA Joker Poker, the card game features a single joker that acts as a joker to make combinations. The lowest winning hand in this game is a pair of kings.
Double Double Bonus
Another very popular form of the game, this high volatility version pays out double what Double Bonus poker pays out when the player has four aces, twos, threes or fours plus a kicker card. This is another of the aforementioned cards besides the four of a kind.
Instead of playing a single hand, these games give the player multiple identical hands - three, five, ten, fifty or a hundred hands, depending on the version. The player then decides which cards to discard, the same for each hand, and is dealt new cards to make unique hands.
Multi-play video poker where the player is dealt three identical hands. Bets are made on each hand.
Each game has a paytable, which shows the amount a player can win for certain hands. The exact payout amount will vary, the better the hand the bigger it will be. But the winning hands always match the standard poker hands:
- Pair - Two cards of the same rank.
- Two Pairs - Two sets of two cards of the same rank.
- Three-of-a-Kind - Three cards of the same rank.
- Straight – Five consecutive cards of different suits.
- Flush – Five non-consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Full House – Any pair and any three of a kind.
- Four-of-a-Kind – Four cards of the same rank.
- Straight Flush - Five consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Royal Flush – Consecutive sequence of Aces up to ten of the same suit.
Jack or Better is one of the most common forms of online video poker, with a full payout of nine times the player's bet. 10 or Better is another, with a pair of tens as the minimum paying combination (instead of two jacks). Another very famous one is Joker's Wild, in which (as the name suggests) the joker is a wildcard. Deuces Wild, Double Bonus and Double Double Bonus are other popular variations of online video poker.
Terms and expressions
When playing casino video poker you will come across a lot of specialized words and terms related to the game. Many of them intersect with the original poker game, while some are unique to video poker. We've put together a quick glossary of common video poker terminology for easy reference.
- Action: All betting activity, every time you press a button and the amount you bet - all of these fall under the definition of action.
- All-In: Going all-in means putting all your remaining chips into the pot.
- Ace-High: When the player has an Ace, but nothing better in his hand - no combinations or pairs.
- Aces Full: A pair and three aces to make a full house.
- Boot: Another term for a full house.
- Bust: The hand does not improve when new cards are drawn.
- Credits: The amount you have to play with, depending on the value of each coin. For example, if you deposit AUD10 into a machine where each coin is worth 10 cents, the game will show 100 credits.
- Discard: When the player is dealt the starting hand, he chooses which cards he wants to change by selecting them and clicking the “discard” button.
- Draw: The replacement cards after the discard are called the draw, and these cards determine how strong the hand is.
- Four of a Kind: Four cards of the same face value in a hand.
- Full House: Three cards of one rank, and two cards of another rank.
- Full Pay: Play a video poker game with the maximum coins and the best paytable.
- Kicker: An "extra" card that does not add to the value of the hand. In Double Double Bonus, the kicker card is important.
Strategies for online video poker
Online video poker is based on chance, however there are numerous casino strategies that can help you get the most out of your video poker game over time.
- Play for free! Many new online casinos allow you to practice in a 'free play' or 'demo' mode, designed to familiarize you with the game and decide whether you want to spend money on it.
- Don't lose track of your expenses, set a budget for yourself and place bets that you feel comfortable with. Video poker moves fast just like online slots and you can keep betting without realizing how much you've spent quite easily.
- Get to know the different hands and their value for the games you play most often.
- Play with a maximum coin bet to ensure you earn the full value by hitting a royal flush. This takes some courage, but it's a popular way to get the most out of winning hands.
- Watch out for casino bonuses . Online casinos often offer special offers for newcomers. If you can get extra money or free bets, your spending will continue.
We hope we have helped you to get a better understanding of online video poker. It's a lot of fun, offers solid payouts and is incredibly accessible to newbies, so what are you waiting for?
Video Poker vs Traditional Poker
How does online video poker differ from traditional poker? There are several differences between video poker and traditional poker sites . First of all, online video poker is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Start playing online video poker today at some of the best online casinos we've selected for you.
Traditional poker requires more than one player, a venue (if not online), a deck of cards, money (or substitution), and little extras (snacks, drinks). Video poker is played against the computer and you can enjoy the game quickly and easily. With so many mobile casinos and applications available, you can get online anytime, anywhere, wherever you have an internet connection.
Video poker is accessible whenever you want, you don't have to visit a land-based casino instead. Payouts can be more generous than land-based casinos, while a king-high or a straight flush is considered somewhat inferior to a royal flush in traditional poker, video poker generally pays out more than expected. Video poker is very simple to play, with fewer decisions and shorter games.
In traditional poker you have to decide if you want to fold, raise, call. But basic video poker gives you fewer choices. Classic elements of traditional poker, such as bluffing, are clearly missing in video poker. If this is an important part of the poker game for you, online video poker can take some getting used to!
Anyone with a lot of experience with online casinos will be familiar with video poker, but video poker can be challenging for newcomers. After all, the world of poker is incredibly intimidating for those who have yet to learn it. There are multiple variations of poker and the terms 'bluffing' and keeping a 'poker face' can be confusing. However, Video Poker is a fairly simple game that remains accessible to beginners and experienced players alike. If you would like to know more about video poker before you start, read below useful casino tips and rules about online video poker.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need special software to play?
Today, players do not need to download software from a casino to play video poker. Some sites still have it, and it's accessible through the casino, and in some cases they have mobile apps. More recently, instant play has become the norm at most video poker sites.
Where can I play the online video poker game?
Well, there's no need to reinvent the wheel, the first place you'll find it is right here on our website in our selection of online video poker casinos. We test all new game releases as soon as they hit the scene. We make sure that the video poker casinos we recommend are safe so that you can simply enjoy the experience.
What types of video poker are available?
The two most common variants of video poker are Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild. However, at any online casino you will find a variety of games that are sure to keep you entertained. These include games with amazing progressive jackpots that accumulate over time and offer the chance to benefit from a very large payout.
Do you play video poker the same way as real poker?
Well actually yes. There are a few differences, such as two of a kind that doesn't pay out, even if it's the high hand. You will find a list of hands on the board of each game, most of them start at three of a kind. The biggest difference in video poker is that you are not playing against anyone but the house.
Doesn't the house have the edge in video poker?
Poker is still the strategy game it always was and so is online video poker. Players with good strategy may be able to win against the house more often than not.
Do poker strategies work at this game?
Absolute! Strategy can make or break a poker player and so can video poker.
Can I play for free?
Yep, it's a great way to get to know the game before playing for real money.