French Roulette spread worldwide and US casinos added another zero to increase the house edge. Modern French Roulette still has the single zero. There are other advantages in the game that make the house edge even lower than, say, regular European roulette. This is thought to have arisen because the French public felt the casino advantage was too great. In a sense, this Roulette is the oldest form of roulette.
Online Casinos with French Roulette 2023
|TOP Bitstarz casino 5/5||
||Get $10,000 or 5BTC + 180 Free Spins||Play now|
|TOP Ricky Casino 5/5||
||Welcome Bonus €1200 + 120 Free Spins||Play now|
|TOP Lucky Dreams Casino 5/5||
||Up to $4,000 Welcome Offer + 300 Free Spins||Play now|
|TOP Casinonic Casino 5/5||
||GET UP TO AUD 5000 BONUS||Play now|
|1. SpaceWin Casino 4.8/5||
||600% up to AUD1,000 + 100 Spins||Play now|
|2. BonusBet Casino 5/5||
||150% up to AUD200||Play now|
|3. Wizebets Casino 5/5||
||100% up to AUD1,000 + 100 Spins||Play now|
|4. BetsAmigo 4.9/5||
||150% up to AUD150||Play now|
|5. Unislots Casino 5/5||
||AUD700 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|6. Moi Casino 5/5||
||200% up to AUD200 + 10% Cashback||Play now|
|7. PlayBoom Casino 5/5||
||100% up to AUD500 + 250 Spins||Play now|
|8. Qbet Casino 5/5||
||AUD100 + 5% Cash Back + 100 Spins||Play now|
|9. Casiwave Casino 4.8/5||
||800% up to AUD7500 + 800 Spins||Play now|
|10. Justbit Casino 4.7/5||
||100% up to AUD300 + 40% Cashback + 30 Spins||Play now|
|11.Pino Casino 4.8/5||
||AUD500 Bonus + 20% Cashback + 150 Spins||Play now|
|12. One Step Casino 5/5||
||150% up to AUD200 + 20 Spins||Play now|
|13. Time2spin Casino 4.4/5||
||200% up to AUD1000 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|14. Gxmble Casino 4.8/5||
|15. Betstro Casino 4.9/5||
||100% up to AUD200||Play now|
|16. iWinFortune Casino 4.5/5||
||300% up to AUD2,000 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|17. Lucky Wins Casino 4.6/5||
||AUD6000 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|18.Cazino Stars 4.8/5||
||Up to AUD1200 + 150 Spins||Play now|
|19. Rouge Casino 4.6/5||
||400% up to AUD2,000 + 130 Spins||Play now|
|20. Players Club VIP 4.8/5||
||222% up to AUD1,000||Play now|
|21.FGFox Casino 4.9/5||
||100% up to AUD1000 + 100 Spins||Play now|
|22. Bruce Pokies 4.9/5||
||Up to AUD2,000||Play now|
|23.Bruno Casino 5/5||
||AUD300 + 250 Spins||Play now|
|24.West Casino 4.7/5||
||AUD600 + 200 Spins||Play now|
|25. WallaceBet 4.7/5||
||150% up to AUD150||Play now|
|26. Casino Intense 4.5/5||
||AUD888 Bonus||Play now|
|27. Playzax Casino 4.8/5||
||100% up to AUD250||Play now|
Play French Roulette
French Roulette is similar to other versions of roulette , but it allows special bets that you won't find anywhere else. This roulette version is a bit more complex than American Roulette or European Roulette because some of the possible bets are several bets in one. Not all French Roulette bets are intuitive, but they do offer new betting options that keep the game fresh and exciting.
The step-by-step guide to playing French Roulette below discusses a typical round of betting. Betting is similar to the betting order in European Roulette, but players are only allowed to place announced bets if they place enough chips on the table to pay for the bet. In a live casino , familiarity with the bets helps a player better communicate with the croupier (live roulette with dealer).
The French Roulette Wheel
The wheel has 37 numbered slots containing all numbers from 1 to 36 and a green 0. The remaining numbers alternate from red to black. An interesting fact is that if you add up all the numbers on a roulette wheel, the total is 666 – the number of the devil. This is why roulette is called “the devil's game”.
- Step 1 : Place bets. Place the bets on the layout – which looks a bit different than a European Roulette layout. Familiarize yourself with the French words for the stakes. For example, Passe for Even and Impair for Odd. Players only need to learn six words for the even-money bets, so you'll pick up the terms quickly.
- Step 2 : Choose grouped bets. Choose grouped bets by calling the bet type. For example Tiers du Cylindre, but don't forget to put enough chips on the table to pay the bet. The reason grouped bets have exotic names is to make it easy to announce the bet at any time. Again, familiarize yourself with about half a dozen French phrases and you'll know how to make group bets.
- Step 3 : Bet Full/Maximum. If you choose the full/maximum or full/complete bet, remember that they are 12 different bets in one. For that reason, it is much easier to announce this bet, so call out the full/maximum number you want. If you bet the full/maximum on the number seven, call and type “Complete Bet on 7” or “7 to the Maximum” to the dealer.
- Step 4 : The ball is released. The croupier shoots the ball into the cylinder and yells “No More Bets” as the ball begins to roll into the wheel. This dealer's ruling is final for late bets, so don't dispute it if your late bet is not accepted.
- Step 5 : Losing bets are collected. The winning number is determined when the ball falls into a pocket. The dealer first collects the chips from the losing bets. This way only the winning bets remain on the table to be paid out.
- Step 6 : Winning bet payouts. The winning bets are then paid out. French Roulette has many different winning combinations, so normally multiple players receive payouts.
As you can see, the so-called French Roulette bets are a bit complicated at first, but they are worth learning for high rollers and other gamblers. Playing free French Roulette online helps you learn the game before playing live roulette so you can get a feel for placing your bets. After signing up to an online casino, you can get roulette bonus and wager online on French Roulette.
Live Dealer Version
In casinos, Live Dealer French Roulette is becoming more and more popular these days. Playing live dealer allows you to talk to a real croupier, instead of using virtual roulette simulations. Casinos with live dealers stream live roulette spins to your screen via an HD connection. This allows you to play French Roulette from the comfort of your own home as it is played in a brick-and-mortar casino.
At French Roulette you will find all the standard betting options that you will find in any roulette game in the world plus a number of additional types. You will also find two other rules specific to this roulette mode. Here we explain all the types of bets you can place in the game, ending with an explanation of these specific rules.
Inside bets are the bets you place on individual numbers. Each bet can be placed on an individual number or a combination of numbers that are adjacent in some way. Examples of inside betting are:
- A straight bet : where you bet on 1 individual number
- A split bet : where you place the chip on 2 numbers at the same time
- A corner bet : where you bet on 4 numbers at the same time
Outside betting is when you place a bet on a group of numbers. Examples of outside bets in French roulette are:
- Red/Black and even/odd bets that pay out at odds of 2:1
- Column bets : Twelve numbers are chosen and paid out at odds of 2 to 1
- Call Bets : This is where you place a bet on the ball landing in a specific area of the wheel. These are commonly known as the 'French Bets'. There are three types of this bet:
- Voisins du Zero : This means neighbors of zero and represents all numbers between 22 and 25 on the wheel. You bet nine chips on a combination of splits, corners, and trios on these numbers.
- Le Tiers du Cylindre : This means thirds of the wheel and represents the numbers opposite zero, the range is the twelve numbers from 27 to 33. This bet costs six chips because you place six split bets to choose these numbers.
- Orphelins : This means orphans and represents the eight numbers outside the previous two bets. This bet represents eight numbers and costs five chips, which is four splits and a single extra chip on number 1.
You will find one of the following lines in a typical game of French Roulette. You will not find these rules in the other roulette versions.
- En Prison : This rule comes into play when the ball lands on zero and you have bet on a 2:1 odd, such as red/black or even/odd. Use this rule and your bet will remain on the table for the next round. If your bet lands in the correct box, you get your bet back.
- La Partage : Similar to the En Prison rule, this applies again when the ball lands on zero if you chose an even money bet. In this case you get half of your bet back.
The house edge varies in French roulette depending on the type of bet you place. The casino advantage is 2.70% when you bet on a bet with a profit of more than 2:1, but it drops to 1.35% for even money bets. This is very favorable compared to other casino games . American roulette, for example, has a 5.26% advantage for the casino.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the house edge of French roulette compared to other roulette versions?
French roulette is much lower and therefore cheaper for you as a player.
Does French roulette have the same rules as other roulette games?
Yes and two extra rules that help you.
Are the French Bets only available at French Roulette?
No, they are available in both French roulette and other versions.
Does every online casino offer this roulette?
Yes, you can assume this.
Is French Roulette recommended for novice players?
Yes, because it has a good house edge.